This study was set up from nine major themes on which analyzed the study area, in order to have the information necessary for the general development of the Project Greenway Mariachi, taking into account the potential and specific characteristics the site. This study consists of the following sections.
- Presentation where the problem develops to study and how the project will operate methodologically, justifications and the definition of the project.
- The theoretical and conceptual foundations involved in the design and implementation of a greenway, taking into account all the theoretical and legal framework of the authorities involved, federal, state and municipal governments, understanding the criteria for the implementation of this type of projects.
- Historical studies of the site, from the municipalities in general, to specific information of interest relevant to the road.
- The physical environment of the area, location, topography, environment, flora and fauna, all from the perspective of each municipality, always taking into account how often affect the study area.
- Municipalities and infrastructure, analyzing the characteristics of each, to identify the most important aspects facing the approach of the project.
- Socio-cultural study of the region, identifying the activities of this type that predominate in each community, its most important holidays and traditions, where they carry out their festivities and how to make, among many other data. This will give us a comparative table of each town festivals, and released under this view the social and cultural dynamics of the region.
- General diagnosis identifying the current status of the study area.
- Development Strategy project, derived from diagnosis
- Finally all this provides the basis for the development and definition of the Master Plan "Via Verde del Mariachi".
Included in the study also conclusions, bibliography and two appendices with a series of graphs generated from opinion surveys carried in both the study area and in nearby Guadalajara metropolitan area. All this in order to identify some aspects that final decision making.